Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Name

In October 2011, I went to Africa and saw just a few of the evil atrocities that plague this great continent.  Child prisons, extreme poverty, babies dying of malnutrition, orphans, orphans and more orphans.  For the first time in my life, the Gospel became real.  If I believed Him at ALL, my life could not remain unchanged.  My conversations had to be assessed.  How I spent my money or what I was saving it for had to be re-evaluated.  My time could no longer be spent without thought.  My thoughts, hopes, dreams and plans all needed wrecking in light of scripture.  My life was no longer my own.  I had been messed up by the very face of Jesus in the most unlikely of places.  I could not shake it.  I could not un-see these images.  I could not un-know this knowledge.  No matter how much I wash, I can still feel that red dirt on my skin going everywhere I go.  It is my responsibility to never forget, to speak and to ACT.  So, when my friend introduced me to the song “Albertine” by Brooke Fraser, it became the cry of my heart.


So let the adventure begin, and may I forever carry His dust on my feet…

James 2:26 "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead."



No comments:

Post a Comment