Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Harder Things

It is amazing to me how I can see a lot of the same things each time I go and yet some of them strike me differently than previous trips.  I had a few of those hard moments this time.  Nothing really new, but they grieved my heart in a new way.  Things that are just not right.

Seeing kids MOB for a PIECE of a banana.

Looking into the yellow eyes of a week old baby with a hematoma and wondering if he would die in your arms.

Talking to a mother about what she views as most important for her child: food, medicine, education, or a family.  She may only get to choose ONE.

Knowing a pregnant woman contracts malaria then still goes to church the next morning to lead worship.

Seeing kids sleep in a bed with rat droppings.

Being reminded that you can take your seriously ill child to the doctor’s office and wait ALL DAY to be seen.

Experiencing for myself the average person's reality of fetching water.

Watching kids eat the same meal twice a day every day, knowing they will continue to for weeks, months, and YEARS.


Listening to a mom who gave up one of her children in hopes that she could better provide for the remaining ones.

Thankful for a God who has promised to rescue us from a broken world.  He is coming for us and there will be a day when these things and all the other tragedies no longer exist and are not even a memory.  All things will be made right in the presence of Him!  Until that day I will keep fighting to make sure people know of this Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment