Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Uganda Bound

Well, it is official, I am heading to Uganda! 

The LORD has opened several doors and changed around what I originally thought the plan was.  With the closed door on adoption in Kenya, I began looking into the country that really stole my heart in the first place, Uganda.  There is a children's home there that does international adoptions.  I have arranged a meeting with them to begin discussing whether or not I can use them.  I'm totally taking this move on faith as I have no idea whether or not the answer will be yes.  I am just trusting that it is, and if it is not that this will lead me to the next place.  One part of me is very excited, anxiously awaiting all that He has for me there. And then the other part of me is nervous and hesitant all over again as I make yet another leap of faith not knowing where I will land.

In addition to this piece, it is now time for us at HGI to begin our work with another orphanage.  I will be going there to assist them in getting their children ready for sponsorships and see what else we can do to enable them to operate more fully. 

Kenya has been amazing and I am so humbled that I was given the privilege to be a part of what He is doing in this place.  I am very excited to see the future implications of the work we have started and watch from afar now as Haven begins to stand a little more on their own.  I will miss this place, but there is no doubt that it has become a part of me and I will never truly leave it behind. 

LORD God pave this road before me; make the rough places smooth and the crooked places straight.  May it all be for your glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment